Christmas tree fire


This fire started from a possible short in the Christmas tree or the wall plug. The resident had just left the apartment and was at the office when the call came in.

Station 3, Engine 33 responded with 3 crew members. The front room. kitchen and dining room area was fully involved. The fire was stopped before any other apartment caught fire. The rest of the apartment recieved very heavy smoke damage and few belongings were salvagable. When christmas trees catch fire, they burn with such intensity that the fire spreads quickly.

When you are away from home please unplug your christmas tree. This should also be done when you are about to go to sleep for the night.

Front door area
The fire was already vented out the window and started making it's way into the common attic.

The bedroom as well as the rest of the rooms recieved heavy smoke damage.

The couch
The living room that had the tree in it was totally destroyed. The tree was to the left of this picture.

Captain Teverbaugh hands up a tool to Ken Beach who is pulling off the shingles and wood to make the fire has not spread.

This is all that is left of the tree.